Wednesday, December 30, 2015

yearly goals

Hi,

as you can see from my sidebar, I've reached my yearly goals. I wrote nearly 170K new words (that means 4 more fairy tales, several side projects and a novel) and translated 150K of those. I will be quite busy revising and publishing next year. :D

How did your year go? Did you set out with a goal in mind? Have you reached it? Share your experiences in the comments.

I wish you all a very successful 2016 (where the definition of success is up to you).
Happy New Year,
Cat

2 comments:

Wm. L. Hahn said...

Kat, you are in the dictionary next to "productivity"! Seriously, you're an icon, and with all those distractions from the Alleged Real World too!
I can't sugar-coat this, I certainly fell short of my ill-defined goals for the year. The Eye of Kog is well underway, but hardly done (probably 30k to go, and then a big-time rewrite for theme and tightness). And I know in my mind I was intending to polish off Perilous Embraces while I was at it- so not. But I believe I could be accurately described as "chugging along", and I got some things done in blogging I did not expect (launching a new series). Local presence picked up, still not where I'd like. You already know this, I crab to you all the time! But the New Year still has plenty of left-over "to-do" on it. Fine by me, I like all of it.

Katharina Gerlach said...

I'm glad you keep "chugging along". I love reading the first draft of Eye of Kog and I'm looking forward to the finished version. Luckily there isn't too much you'll need to change. :D
I hope that your sales will pick up with all the print-releases we're going to do this year. All the best for 2016!