Sunday, June 28, 2015

measurable success



Hi,

I know it's been a while but I've been extremely busy. As you can see from the (newly beautified) progress bars on the left, I have finished 2/3 of my translations and half of my new wordcount goals. That means I've got enough fairy tales written to publish half way through 2016 (of course they still need to be revised and proofread). Also, I've got two projects lined up (Scotland's Guardians II for the summer and Swordplay II for NaNoWriMo) that I'm really looking forward to. Plus, the audiobook of Scotland's Guardians is coming soon. The narration of the English version is done and just waiting for the German version. Here's the cover. Do you like it?



And finally, my sales numbers are thankfully picking up. Ever since I started writing a series, they've been improving.
May I reach another milestone by the end of the year.

How about you? How much did you get done in the first half of this year?
Let me know all about it,
Cat

2 comments:

Wm. L. Hahn said...

Fabulous output, Kat, as I've come to expect from you.
This is the year of Local Presence for me (as you can tell from the dribbling output on my WiP), and that narrow thing has gone... fairly well. A good fair, some feelers out for bookstores, a great couple of nights at the local library. If I could wedge out the free time to meet with the local writers' groups (once a month, how hard could it be?), then I'd be pretty happy. Still need that newspaper or radio coverage, that's been hard to crack.
But I'd probably swap most of it for another three chapters in "The Eye of Kog".

Katharina Gerlach said...

I'll enjoy reading more on EoK, so get that done first.