Friday, September 19, 2014

I know I'm back late but...

Hi all,

this year, the summer holidays started quite late (late July, and yes, they move around here in Germany for most countries except for Bavaria) and thus they didn't end until last week. So this has been the first week where I was truly back into writing, and I spent most of that time on revision my latest novel (Juma's Rain).

I also published a short story (see below) and took a course on creating covers. It's been expensive, but I've learned so much already. You can see it if you look at the cover below. However, watching the videos takes time, working through the homework takes time (I'd love to show you the mock-up we did for a title prompt but haven't got the copyright permissions to do so). All that ate into my blogging hours, and I apologize for that.

BTW, the course I'm taking is Cover Design by Dean Wesley Smith, and I think it's absolutely worth the $300 I spent for it. I might take the interior design course too at a later time (when I earned that amount, since I'm not using family money for my writing except for edits).

About the Story


When Dan's mother, a gifted piano player, dies, his father puts away his cello for good and drowns his sorrow in alcohol. Now, Dan wants to join the local school band, but his choice draws the attention of those who have been hunting him since his birth. Will the stranger he meets at a rave be able to help him? 


Get it on Amazon (other retailers will follow)
and if you like it, please leave a review

No comments: