Sunday, June 8, 2014

hot summer night...

Hi all,

all of a sudden, summer decided to visit Northern Germany. Temperatures went up from a refreshing 10°C to burning 33°C. Even in the local outdoor pool, I can barely stand the heat. Also, it makes it hard to sleep. So I spent most of last night with planning my series, and I'm nearly caught up with the course homework (I'm doing Holly Lisle's How to Write a Series, lovingly shortened HTWAS).

The series is going to be about tomboy Terry traveling through time, trying to set historical events back to what they should be so her time will be just as she remembers. Also, she's looking for her father who got stuck in time. Her biggest help is Mrs. Klio, the muse/mistress of history and time. Terry travels with a folding (or carpenter's) rule that opens into a portal. I've had so much fun writing the first volume that I won't stop until I finish writing her reunion with her dad.

So, how's your writing coming on? Is the weather pushing you toward new goals? Or is it simply draining all strength?

Have a great day,
Cat

No comments: