Saturday, September 28, 2013

I'm finished (litterally and figuratively)

Hi,

I just finished writing the last short story for this year. I'm planning to translate and release them early next year in anthologies of 3-5 stories (depending on length). As I had planned (and tracked with the super helpful Write Track by David Gale), I wrote 125,000 words this year..

You cannot believe how incredibly tired I am. But I'm also elated because I managed to reach my goal a month early. That will give me most of October (except for the kids' holidays) to recover and plan my NaNoWriMo novel.

You think me crazy for going NaNo again? Well, this time, I only need to do it for fun, not to reach any wordcount goals, since I've done everythign already. It'll be a completely new feeling for me. ;-)

How about you? Do you set yourself yearly goals? Do you track them? How?
Share your advice with me,
Cat

2 comments:

Mildred R Holmes said...

I don't set yearly word count goals. Every year, around my birthday, I set goals for the coming year.

Some had to be revamped due to unforeseen circumstances. On the whole, I've been pretty happy with what I've accomplished so far. A few setbacks strengthened my resolve to accomplish what I set out to do.

Sis has said she didn't know there was so much work to being a writer.

Katharina Gerlach said...

Your sis is right. Becoming an author is definitely not a way to get rich quick. ;-)