Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Nightmare

Hi,

two weeks ago, my middle daughter (11) broke her thumb. Last week, we found out that the bone slipped. Now, the top digit is skewered to the side, and it won't return to its original position because kids' bones heal too fast. It's already partly grown to the new place. Grrr

Then, this Monday, she get her other thumb smashed in a door. The nail will fall off some time soon because the nail bed was badly hurt. She's quite brave about it, but writing is really difficult for her these days. So I lend her my Alpha Smart. That way, she can keep up with her studies.

On a more cheerful note, my short story "Wild Rose" was accepted for publication in an anthology of Freedom Forge Press and should be out some time in July. Another short story will be published in Germany in an anthology based on the traditional tarot. I had the hanging man as a card and worked in the recent finds on a Germanic/Roman battle field they discovered around the corner from where I live. And I wrote nearly 40.000 words already since the 1st of February. So all in all, I can call this a good start into the new year, right?

How about you? Are you all OK?
Cat

3 comments:

Trekelny said...

Wow, Kat, what a terrible time for your little one. I broke everything around me, including my glasses about once a month, but nothing more than cuts and scrapes on myself. So sorry to hear.

Great news about the tarot story. Do you mean the bog?!?! Are you close to that archaeological site? Wow, I saw an article about that in Archaeology magazine, incredible stuff. In this country, "ancient" is an 8-track tape...

Elizabeth Varadan aka Mrs. Seraphina said...

So sorry to hear of your daughter's tribulations. Both thumbs! And we need those thumbs for almost everything we do!

Congratulations on your story. Very glad for you!

Katharina Gerlach said...

Thank you both for your concern. Sorry I missed this, had too much going on. ;-)