Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cover Reveal "Scotland's Guardians"

Hi,

I've been struggling with this cover for a while. My biggest problem was that I got terrific art by a guy called Bramasta Aji, but I just couldn't fit the title or author name in without blocking out the most interesting part of the picture. In the end, I decided that the picture is more important. The title will still be readable enough in a thumbnail, but the picture will be the main focus. What do you think? Will it draw readers?

  

"Scotland's Guardians" tells the story of Bryanna, a young girl with few friends living in Edinburgh, Scotland. When her father is kidnapped by a woman with a strangely familiar scent, Bryanna follows them instead of calling the police. It's a choice that will change her life forever. Luckily, she does remember some of the old Scottish tales she loved so much as a child. Now, she needs all that knowledge to survive, especially with a Kelpie on her heels bent on murder (I'm still working on the cover-text).

Scotland's Guardians will be available on Amazon before the month is out. Other retailers will follow soon.
Let me know what you think of the cover,
Cat

2 comments:

Mildred R Holmes said...

It is eye catching. That's the first ting I saw on your profile page. Came here to check it out.

Katharina Gerlach said...

I'm glad you like it.