Monday, September 17, 2012

spreading yourself thin

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone of you is experiencing the same problems I had lately. With my kids on holiday, I barely managed to keep up my wordcount, but I'm still on track (thankfully). Everything else fell to pieces. I hardly posted to my blog or my website (new posts in German and English are up now), I haven't tweeted for months (except for my wordcount). My proof-reading didn't get done and my promotions? Oh, I was supposed to do those as well?

The funny thing is, I'm not sorry about all this. I enjoyed the time with my kids and husband. We went horseback riding one week, decorated a bedroom for a friend of mine, and went canoing on a small but rapid river near us. it was all fun. Plus, we had six week of sunshine with hardly a drop of rain. There weren't many places beside the swimming pool where I wanted to be. The kids will be grown so fast, I didn't regret a single moment.

The only drawback is that it feels I have to start from scratch promotion-wise. Any advice?

BTW, thanks for being here and listening (I mean reading).
Cat

4 comments:

Giora said...

You can't do everything at the same them so you have to focus on what's most important, which in your case is your family. Enjoy spedning time with your family and you do good also for your country. Today a women from Munich tweeted an artcile the Germany's population will go down 14% by 2050 and Briatian will ahve more people than Germany. Apparently, German women have the lowest number of babies in Europe (1.3) becausr everyone is busy with work ect. Have fun with your kid sand husband, and write as much as you can but pressure yourself. I read your tweets about how much you write per day, and you write much more than me.

Cat said...

Thanks for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated. I enjoy writing just as much as I enjoy my kids and hubby. It's just difficult sometimes to get everything done and still keep the house relatively clean. ;-)

Jaxbee said...

Hi Cat, I know exactly what you mean! I love my children being off but not the juggle of trying to spend time with them and still managing to get the odd bit of work done. That's why I love September! I don't beat myself up about what I haven't done but try to have a really productive month, enjoying the fact that it feels like someone's given me an extra four hours every day! It sounds like you're on the right track, don't worry!

Cat said...

Thanks Jaxbee. I know I'm on the right track, it's just a little hard sometimes. ;-)