Monday, August 27, 2012

Cover Reveal for William Hahn

Hi,

speaking of covers, my friendWilliam Hahn approached me with a cover a few days back that had a great background. But the drifting clouds and cracked ground made it difficult to read the title or the author's name, so he had put gray boxes under them. Needless to say, it didn't look nice. So I took out my good old graphic-program and added a few text effects to make the letters stand out some more. I am rather pleased with the effect, and so is he. What do you think. Does this cover suggest weird dreams, epic adventures and heroes in distress?




If you want to know more about the novel, due on Labor Day (in America, not Germany since that would be the 1st of May, a rather long wait wouldn't you agree?), head over to my publisher, the Independent Bookworm, tomorrow. He'll post a blurb ans some information about the Land of Hope where he sets all his stories.

And if you like it, please support him by liking his FB page, or even buying his books. I've read them all and although I'm no fan of epic/heroic fantasy myself, I loved every single one of them. I'm soooo looking forward to Labor Day (and I've had a head start on this novel since I'm beta reader).

Enjoy the day,
Cat

3 comments:

Giora said...

The cover is beautiful, especailly the clouds. I don't see any heroes of distress and I only think about weird dreams because the title say Dreams. Without the title I will go with with some epic adventure. But usually an epic adventure has trees, lakes ect. Here it's more like a dark epic adventure because the land seems to have no water.

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

I think the cover is pretty awesome. Lots of detail and that makes a picture for me.

Cat said...

@Giora: yes, it's a dark tale, and the Dreams are in no way reassuring. Also, the plane of dreams is a real place in this novel. I think the picture fits very well although it could say Fantasy more clearly.

@Michael: I wholeheartedly agree. The cover is the first impression a reader will get and all it needs to do is entice the potential customer to read the blurb. You could consider it a visual query. ;-)