Sunday, July 1, 2012

Big Surprise = Partial Success

Yippee!

some time in May, I entered my novel Urchin King in The Kindle Book Review "Best eBook 2012" competition. Today, they informed me, that my book is a "YA Semifinalist". From the 260 books that had been entered into the competition, 240 made it past the screening process (they looked for quality in writing, editing, and overall appearance). From those, 166 entries were chosen as semifinalists (I counted them). I believe the overall number of semifinalists is quite high, but they have all been considered worthy of the honor. So who am I to argue? In my category, there are only 16 entries, and they all seem to be high quality. I'm looking forward to reading some of them.

The good news is that I can now put a wonderfully shiny badge on my cover. Here is the result. Hopefully, it will draw many readers to the book.



I'd love to celebrate but aren't allowed to eat some cake just now. I got to find something else...
Now, I hope the book is good enough to be judged on of the best. ;-)

Enjoy your day. Sometimes unexpected surprises are the best,
Cat

7 comments:

Gwen Gardner said...

Congratulations, Cat! That is so awesome. I haven't been here in a while and I guess I didn't realize you had a book out. On my way to get it now!

Cat said...

Thanks Gwen. I appreciate anyone who reads my stuff. I hope you will like it. Leave a review if you do, and also if you don't. I can't improve if I don't know what's wrong.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats Cat! That's awesome news.

Elizabeth Varadan aka Mrs. Seraphina said...

Great news. I'm so glad for you. The badge looks great on your book.,

Cat said...

Thanks to the two of you, and I think the badge looks great too.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, that's wonderful.

Cat said...

Thank you Stephanie.