Thursday, February 9, 2012

another Campaign and more

Hi,

I welcome all my fellow Campaigners. I know there will be many who'll just pass by. Have fun and if you're interested in something, let me know.

My wordcount has gone up to something just above 32K (form the 5th of January) and I'm quite proud of it. I will finish the translation of "Amadi, the phoenix, the sphinx, and the djin" this weekend. I also found a great artist who'll do the cover art.

At the same time, I started revising the Choose Your Own Adventure. It is fun but really, really hard work. I can't afford to overlook anything or the whole structure will come crumbling... I expect this to take somewhat longer than I had anticipated. Hopefully, I'll get it finished before summer.

The rest of my life is like always: I keep forgetting about blogging, twittering or anything else (like cooking or laundry) when I'm writing, so I need to catch up in the afternoons before my hubby goes crazy. He does help a lot an dis very supportive of my writing, so I'm in luck there.

I wish you a wonderful day,
Cat

22 comments:

Michael Offutt, Tebow Cult Initiate said...

You have a great day too, Cat. I can't wait to read your book and see the cover art.

J. A. Bennett said...

I have the same cleaning problem! Oh if only I could afford a maid! BTW, I was follower #100!

Cat said...

WOW, just realized I've got 100 now. I'm awed. So many people actually being interested in me? How could that happen???

Robyn Campbell said...

It happens because you write meaningful posts and we know you love to do what we do. Write! :-)

BIC = Butt in chair. *waving*

Miranda Hardy said...

Congrats on the progress. I imagine translating can be quite tedious.

Cat said...

Thanks for explaining BIC.
Yes, translating can be tedious but it's fun too. I get to re-revise the German versions as I go, which means I'll be able to publish in both languages when I'm done. That drives me onward.

Kate said...

Ooh look - I'm your 100th follower :-)

Erin Shakespear said...

Thanks for the follow, Cat and stopping by to say hi and share your thoughts.

It sounds like you're getting loads done. Great job! (who cares about the laundry? :)

Lady Gwen said...

Hi Cat, it is hard to balance everything. When I'm making great strides in my writing, the blog suffers. I kind of go back and forth. I can't believe I wasn't following before. You were at 101 and then all of a sudden I'm 104! I guess 3 people were pressing "follow" at the same time:) I'm stopping over from the campaign.

Nick Hight said...

Nice to see you again for the Campaign :) I find it difficult to get the right balance of blogging and twittering (which I'm terrible at)and writing. I suppose I'll get it eventually.

Kate Coursey said...

Great to meet you! I always forget to blog...it's a real problem :). Can't wait for the Campaign!

Cat said...

So happy to see you all here. I'll go around your blogs every weekend (if nothing unexpected happens) to make sure I won't miss a thing.

Kevin Hiatt said...

Fellow campaigner here, dropping by to say "Hi". Look forward to reading and learning from other writers like you. +1 follower.
--Kevin

Gina C said...

Also dropping in from the campaign! I'm interested in hearing more about the manuscripts you are working on, and how the progress is going!

Cheers!
Gina

David P. King said...

Awesome! Glad to see you aboard.


I gave you a shout-out on my blog today! :)

Cat said...

Thanks Dave. I'll check it out.

Mildred R Holmes said...

Ahh. Tis me. I'm stopping by. Finally have some time to "blog hop" and research. It's been awhile since I've been online. Been researching aliens, etc. I get lost when I'm doing that.

tracikenworth said...

Hi. Stopping in from the campaign!!

akossket said...

Thanks a lot for stopping by my blog. I'm returning the favor and looking forward to getting to know you more. :)

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Congrats on your word count!

Fellow campaigner and popping in to say 'hi!"

sophs said...

Tag, you're it! You've been tagged in a game of 11 Questions being passed around by the Platform-Building campaigners. You can pick up your questions at this link: http://sophieswritingadventures.blogspot.com/2012/02/eleven-questions.html

Cat said...

Thanks for tagging me.