Saturday, January 14, 2012

current project

Hi,

so far, I'm right on schedule with my current project. It's a story set in the world of "1001 Arabian Nights". There used to be a short story on Smashwords that originally sparked the novel, but I took it down. It has too many spoilers but has too many unresolved threads. That why I wrote the novel in the first place. It is now called: Amadi, the Phoenix, the Sphinx and the Djinn.

A young girl becomes a thief to discover who murdered her mentor, but instead she learns that she's been adopted. To find her original family, she's got to rescue a djinn -- not really an easy task since she's chased by an assassin, a jackal headed god and an elusive sorcerer.

If all goes as planned, I'll finish mid-February. That should give me enoug time to get someone to correct grammar and spelling, so I can publish it near the end of February or beginning of March. And on Sunday, I'll send an as yet unedited sample to my list. Join it now if you want. You'll get an eBook plus two short stories from my colleagues from the Independent Bookworm (all Fantasy)

Enjoy the day,
Cat

2 comments:

Michael Offutt, Visitor from the Future said...

I can't wait to read it. I love Arabian-themed stories. I zoomed through the Rose and the Prophet series by Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weiss. Plus I've always liked flying carpets, genies in bottles, etc.

Cat said...

I'll announce publication on this blog too, but you'll only get the reading sample if you're on my list.