Friday, May 6, 2011

as promised

Hi,

here are the photos I promised. As you can see, we were really lucky with the weather.
The first picture is me - with a Star-Trek-like visor. ;-)


Next is the Olympic Tower in Munich (the little figure at the bottom is my daughter)


Castle Linderhof, where King Ludwig from Bavaria lived (the one who built Neuschwanstein)


Mountains that are not hills (like the ones we've got up north). If you look closely, you can see my two girls playing half naked in a shallow stream of ice water. Brrrrrr


One of two skeletons in the cloister church in Fürstenfeldbruck. The kids loved them - so scary...
me

Our snail "Nanni", she always tried to escape, but after an afternoon of fun (more for the kids less for the snail), my daughters set her free.


The church of Cloister Andechs. After a long, long walk up the hill, we took this photo, had something to eat and walked all the way back. I think it was worth it.


Evening at the Ammersee


The Siegesturm in Bayreuth, up the hill from the Wagner-Festival-Opera Hall.


OK, that's all the information you'll get about my private life for now. I bet you'd have liked to come along, right? Bavaria is beautiful - if only the people wouldn't speak so weird. ;-)

Enjoy your weekend,
Cat

2 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great pictures. Sounds like a great time. I'd have loved to go to the Castle.

Cat said...

The kids liked that a lot, too.