Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wolfenbüttel

Hi,

I went to the small town of Wolfenbüttel last weekend to attend a seminar on Creative Writing. It was very instructive and intense. Combined with the flue that plagues me since January, I felt very light headed upon return.

And then, spring struck ... and with it an idea.

I thought, what if I use the flexibility of the Internet-language HTML to create a true non-linear story. My Muse already fed me quite a lot of interesting scenarios. I would like to write a Fairy-Tale Murder Mystery. Would you be interested? I don't know yet how I'm going to publish it. The only thing that's for sure is that traditional publishing doesn't really work. I remember those Choose-Your-Own-Adventure books, but even if I liked the story, the flipping of pages and 2nd person POV ruined the fun. So I will use hyperlinks (which means it's going to be some sort of e-book) and 1st person POV (since I don't know if the reader is male or female). I have already filled 5 pages in my notebook.

Since I'm still in the planning stages, I accept suggestions. Anything you're particularly interested in? Something that you think might fit into a crazy project like that? Any favorite fairly tales? Feel free to leave me a comment with your suggestions and/or ideas. I might not manage to get it all into the one story but I'll definitely consider.

Hooray for my spring time Muse.
Enjoy the day,
Cat

3 comments:

TeresaR said...

I think a non-linear choose-your-own-adventure story sounds amazing! I don't have favorite fairy tales because I pretty much love them all - from Anderson to Grimm to Lang. But if it's a story more for adults, perhaps some Italo Calvino tales can be worked in? ;)

Ellison Bay Pottery said...

Hi
I found you through Writer's Digest. I'm looking forward to reading your WIP. Your idea sounds like one I had years ago, before I even knew about hyperlinks...sliding sideways through time and space kind of thing. I am thrilled that you have some idea how to do this. I can't wait to see this develop.

Cat said...

I'm writing it on spec, just for the fun of it. I don't expect to ever find a publisher, but I have to write this story. My Muse insists.