Saturday, August 21, 2010

WriteOnCon

Hi,

from August the 10th to the 12th I attended the first ever WriteOnCon, an online conference for kidlit writers. It was an absolutely stunning experience for me. Of course, there was much advice I had heard before but never this compact and in one place (check out the site since all the great stuff will still be available). I got to experience some agents I have queried in the past or will query soon (best were the life sessions), and I suddenly understood some of their rejections/responses. Also, I learned how to pronounce query!

Make sure that you join WriteOnCon 2011 if you are writing kidlit. I'll keep you posted (literally) when it will come.

Have a great day,
Cat

3 comments:

Kay said...

I'm such a loser, I totally missed WriteOnCon. I kept thinking I'd get an email, then Thursday evening (right before the conference ended), I thought: Wow, wonder when WriteOnCon is -- better check the website...

And it was ending. Totally bummed.

Wanted to stop by, let you know I just posted an interview with literary agent Laurie McLean on my blog: www.kayemevans.com/blog

She provided awesome info, the most substantive answers I've received from a literary agent. Hope you can check it out!

Melissa Gill said...

I really enjoyed WriteOnCon also. I learned so much. Even though I was on vacation, I tracked down an internet cafe in Breckenridge Colorado where I could get on line to keep updated. It was great.

Cat said...

Thanks for the link. It's a great interview. I do hope that this was the first in a very long line of WriteOnCons. I'm looking forward to the next one.