Sunday, July 4, 2010

Revision is GREAT

Hi,

my kids and I spent last week house-sitting my parents home. We did a lot: swimming (since it was very hot), cinema, building a kitchen for my brother and his wife, visiting friends and more. Still, I managed to finish my current revision. That means, I've got plenty of time to print it out and send it to the publisher I have in mind for it.

To tell the truth, without Holly Lisle's "How to Revise Your Novel" the story wouldn't have been half as good. It took me ages to work my way through all the lessons but it was well worth it. Also, next time it's going to be less work, because the last lesson is about streamlining the revision process.

Now, I can focus on my 33 Mistakes project, and I will begin revising "Waffenruhe" (Swordplay), my current WIP. I never thought I'd say that but I am looking forward to the revision.

Hehe, I might even find the time to tidy up my study before I start the next project.

One last thing, remember to look at my free online, serialized Fantasy novel "The Witches of Greenwitch". We are nearing mid-point and all important characters have been introduced but two.

Happy summer holiday to everybody,
Cat

No comments: