Tuesday, June 8, 2010

stumbling over the finishing line

Hi,

for the last few year I have been blaming my kids for being so tired. The last few days it was so bad that I couldn't stand it any longer. I knew exactly what I needed to write, the scene was there in my mind but I stared at the document and didn't get a word on (virtual) paper. I was so tired that I could have slept all day.

So I went to see a doctor, who sent me to another doctor, who sent me back to the first one. Diagnosis? Nothing dangerous, only a lack of iron (again) and hypothyroidism. Just knowing the diagnosis made me feel better. After sleeping nearly 10 hrs last night, I wrote 2500 words today, catching up on what I had missed visiting all the docs. In a few days, when my regional doc has all the results, I will get the right kind of medicine. Hopefully, my old vigor will return and with it the wordcounts necessary for the next NaNoWriMo. ;-)

Thank whoever you believe in for all the things we take for granted: health, food, peace. Life could be worse.
Cat

No comments: