Wednesday, November 4, 2009

NaNoWriMo

Hi,

so, I am doing it again, this year. Am I crazy or a word addict? Maybe a bit of both. NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month for those who don't know) has come again and I am already fully involved. I wrote 6.984 words in the last four days and it was fun to do. I didn't even had to hustle like last year. With all my kids in school till noon, I finally have the time to write the whole morning. I am surprised about myself how much I get done in 4 hours.

Currently, I am finishing my Amadi-project because I like it too much to abandon it. And I don't feel like returning to it after writing another novel. That means I won't be able to start my NaNo-novel before the 12th. I decided to "cheat" a little and count both novels. After all, I began the third part of Amadi (planned 25.000 words) on November 1st and even if it is more of a novelette, I'll get a finished draft by the middle of the month. Then, I'll dig into my brand new, shiny project called "Swordplay". I'll keep you posted.

Oh, and for all those NaNo-ers out there: Have you already donated to keep the fun going for another year?

Finally, here is an announcement. Since I finished translating "Victor's Rage" in time, I will do a special pre-release print run for all people who loved "Ann Angel's Freedom". Everybody who is interested in owning a copy long before it will be officially published, should contact me or leave a comment with his/her email address on this post. I will try hard to get it done in time for x-mas.

Follow your dream to wherever it may lead,
Cat

1 comment:

stayup2date said...

Victor's rage was an awesome read and I'm so glad someone finally made it readable in my native language. Thank you so much Katharina Gerlach. Makes me want to find my childhood baby sippy cups.