Friday, July 17, 2009

writing with kids on holiday

Hi,

I planned on writing 500-1000 words a day and translate 2000 words during the holidays. I didn't remember the chaos from the last time the kids were home for the whole day. Maybe I made myself forget. There are tantrums, fights over nothing, requests of going swimming (or other activities) and triple the amount of housework - plus the fruit that need to be harvested and made into jam and jelly. So far, I managed the translation goal but fell way behind on the writing. And that in spite of my fingers itching to write this story. I realize that I get more short tempered already. Luckily, I'll take the kids for a week at their grandparents, soon. That means that I might be able to catch up. But I am really, really looking forward to the beginning of the next term, especially since my youngest will start school this year, too.

Keep reading,
Cat

2 comments:

restorethebeast said...

Hi, Cat--

Texanne here. Just now found this blog of yours. Sorry to hear you are having summer doldrums--it's not easy to hear your muse over the wailing. I should know. Was just experimenting to see if I could find a way to make my eyes less painful when reading from the screen. Maybe I have found it.

Cat said...

The Muse is loud enough it's just the time slipping by so fast that I never find the time to sit down in peace.