Tuesday, June 23, 2009

restructuring my webpage

Hi,

I did not forget to post or to write. I had been ill for a few days and then I began to restructure my website (which is taking longer than planned because I decided to include all my books - even the ones that are good enough for publication but haven't been "discovered" yet). I began to sort my books by genre - one being "Poems and Literature". Suddenly, my muse attacked and I had to write a poem for the entrance page (see below). This has happened before with surprising results. Now, all I needed to do was to translate it... and that took at least three times as long as writing it.

Once in a while, Muse grabs me good,
pulls my hair, my shirt, my foot
strangles, nips and tortures me
(I cannot stand that comfortably)
I write down all the words she speaks
on paper though my pencil squeaks.

They aren't funny and bad as well.
My Muse never rests and you can tell.
She neither stops at night nor day
until she's finished all the way.
But stunned I sometimes stare and stand
with a poem in my hand!
Katharina Gerlach, 21. Juni 2009


Enjoy,
Cat

No comments: