Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Holidays

Hi,

I began planning my next project with the techniques learned in Holly Lisle's "How to Think Sideways" course. I came up with some really interesting conflicts. Also I was surprised at how many fascinating fearytale creatures can be found in "1001 Nights". I will use many in my story because they will provide interesting twists and problems for my protagonist. I am really looking forward to writing this story.

In the last two months some writers and agents have been trying to "help" each other with "Queryfail" and "Agentfail". It resulted in some very unfriendly commentary. I personally can't understand the hustle. We should be glad for what the agents do. Without them many books wouldn't get the right editor. And the agents should be glad that we are writing books otherwise they would be out of a job.
If you have never heard of the "war" you will find a funny overview here.

Enjoy the sunny weather (if you have some),
Cat

No comments: