Sunday, July 27, 2008

Help with Writing

Hi,

when I started to write there was nothing in the area of Creative Writing in Germany. Later, a few books were translated which helped me a bit. I read several good books in English and put up with an agency that also did classes for beginning writers. I spent a whole lot of money only to discover that the agency wasn't really interested in getting a publisher for my stories but to keep milking me for more money. So I quit! That was one of my best decisions.

Nowadays I do not fall for that any more. Whenever I try to contact an agent or a publisher in the US or UK I got to the website of Preditors & Editors to make sure they are decent. For German agents and publishers I look at the Uschtrin-site.

I still enjoy learning more about how writing works. Therefore I highly recommend Holly Lisles Writing Clinics. They provide easy step-by-step tutorials that helped my a lot in writing a novel.

I am currently doing the last rewrite of a Fantasy novel, so there isn't much to say about that. But as soon as I start on my next project I will tell you about the way I write novels. It might not be the way others do it and it surely is not the one and only right way. But it works for me and I would be delighted if it helps you along, too.

Cat

No comments: